|Made||16th December 2004|
|Coming into operation||7th January 2005|
Amendments to the 2002 Regulations and the 2003 Regulations concerning public participation
3. - (1) In regulation 2(1) of the 2002 Regulations, insert after the definition of "oxides of nitrogen" -
(2) In the definition of "public" in regulation 2 of the 2003 Regulations for "has the meaning given in regulation 8(6)" substitute "means natural or legal persons, including health care bodies and other organisations having an interest in ambient air quality and representing the interests of sensitive populations, consumers and the environment;".
(3) In regulation 9 of the 2002 Regulations, insert after paragraph (9) -
(9C) The Department shall publish any information required to carry out its functions under paragraphs (9A) and (9B) in such manner as it considers appropriate for the purpose of bringing it to the attention of the public and shall -
(4) Regulation 11(7) of the 2002 Regulations and regulation 8(6) of the 2003 Regulations are hereby revoked.
Additional amendment to the 2002 Regulations
4. In regulation 7(6), insert after "equivalent results" "or, in relation to the sampling and measurement of PM10, which the Department considers can be demonstrated to display a consistent relationship to the reference method.".
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on
17th December 2004.
Ian T. Maye
A senior officer of the Department of the Environment