|Made||9th September 2004|
|Coming into operation -|
|for the purposes of regulations 1 and 2(1) to (3)||4th October 2004|
|for all other purposes||6th October 2004|
(2) In these Regulations -
(3) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
Amendment of the Housing Benefit Regulations
2. - (1) The Housing Benefit Regulations shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (6).
(2) In regulation 2(1) (interpretation), after the definition of "Preparation for Employment Programme for 50 plus" there shall be inserted the following definition -
(3) In regulation 5 (circumstances in which a person is or is not to be treated as occupying a dwelling as his home), after paragraph (5) there shall be inserted the following paragraph -
he shall be treated as occupying the former dwelling as his home for a period not exceeding 4 benefit weeks if he could not reasonably have avoided liability in respect of that former dwelling.".
(4) In regulation 65 (date on which entitlement is to commence) -
(5) In regulation 69 (calculation of weekly amounts), in paragraphs (4)(a) and (5)(a) after "regulation 65(2)" in both places where it appears, there shall be inserted "or (5)".
(6) After regulation 72A (date of claim where claim sent or delivered to an office of the Department, the Department for Employment and Learning or a person providing services to either of those Departments), there shall be added -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
9th September 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development
The Department of Finance and Personnel hereby consents to these Regulations.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
10th September 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
 See section 171(6A) of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits (Northern Ireland) Act 1992 as inserted by Article 3(3) of the Social Security (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 1993 (S.I. 1993/1579 (N.I. 8)); see also Article 6(b) of S.R. 1999 No. 481back