|Made||29th April 2004|
|Coming into operation||1st May 2004|
(3) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
Amendment of the Housing Benefit Regulations
2. After regulation 7A of the Housing Benefit Regulations (persons from abroad)
Amendment of the Income Support Regulations
3. In regulation 21 of the Income Support Regulations (special cases) -
Amendment of the Jobseeker's Allowance Regulations
4. In regulation 85 of the Jobseeker's Allowance Regulations (special cases) -
Transitional arrangements and savings
6. - (1) Paragraph (2) shall apply where a person -
(2) Where this paragraph applies -
(3) The provisions saved by paragraph (2) shall continue to have effect until the date on which entitlement to a specified benefit for the purposes of paragraph (1) ceases, and if there is more than one such specified benefit, until the last date on which such entitlement ceases.
(4) In this regulation "specified benefit" means income support, housing benefit, jobseeker's allowance and state pension credit.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
29th April 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development
The Department of Finance and Personnel hereby consents to regulations 2 and 6 of the foregoing Regulations.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
29th April 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
 S.I. 1995/2705 (N.I. 15); Article 36(2)(a) was amended by Article 4 of and paragraph 55 of Schedule 3 to the Social Security Contributions (Transfer of Functions, etc.) (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 (S.I. 1999/671)back
 See section 171(6A) of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits (Northern Ireland) Act 1992 as inserted by Article 3(3) of the Social Security (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 1993 (S.I. 1993/1579 (N.I. 8)); see also Article 6(b) of S.R. 1999 No. 481 and Part II of Schedule 4back
 Regulation 7A was inserted by regulation 2(1) of S.R. 1994 No. 80 and paragraph (4) was amended by regulation 3(a) of S.R. 1994 No. 266, regulation 4(3)(b) of S.R. 1996 No. 405, regulation 2(b) of S.R. 1996 No. 448, regulation 11(3) and (4)(a) of S.R. 1998 No. 81, regulation 6(3)(a) of S.R. 2000 No. 71 and regulation 4 of S.R. 2000 No. 125back