|Made||19th March 2004|
|Coming into operation||15th August 2004|
(2) Expressions used in these Regulations which are also used in Council Directive 76/769/EEC on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States relating to restrictions on the marketing and use of certain dangerous substances and preparations, as amended for the 24th time by European Parliament and Council Directive 2003/11/EC, shall have the meaning they bear in that Directive.
(3) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
3. These Regulations shall not apply to -
Prohibition on the placing on the market and use of pentabromodiphenyl ether and octabromodiphenyl ether
4. - (1) A person shall not place on the market -
(2) A person shall not use pentabromodiphenyl ether or octabromodiphenyl ether as a substance or as a constituent of substances or of preparations in concentrations higher than 0.1% by mass.
Offences and penalties
5. - (1) Any person who contravenes regulation 4, or causes or permits another person to contravene that regulation, shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) Any person guilty of an offence under paragraph (1) shall be liable:
(3) For the purposes of this regulation, section 20(2) of the Interpretation Act (NI) 1954 applies with the omission of the words "the liability of whose members is limited" and where the affairs of a body corporate are managed by its members, applies in relation to the acts or defaults of a member in connection with his functions of management as if he were a director of the body corporate.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on
19th March 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of the Environment