|Made||25th February 2004|
|Coming into operation||21st March 2004|
2. Subject to Article 4, the Employment Rights (Increase of Limits) Order (Northern Ireland) 2003 is revoked.
Increase of limits
3. Subject to Article 4, each of the limits referred to in the first and second columns of the Table in the Schedule to this Order is increased by the substitution, in place of the old amount specified in the third column, of the new amount specified in the fourth column.
4. - (1) The increases provided for in Article 3 have effect in any case where the appropriate date falls on or after 21st March 2004.
(2) In a case where the appropriate date falls before 21st March 2004, the limits having effect in relation to the case immediately before 21st March 2004 continue to apply as if this Order had not been made.
(3) In this Article "the appropriate date" means -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Employment and Learning on
25th February 2004.
R. B. Gamble
A senior officer of the Department for Employment and Learning
|Column 1||Column 2||Column 3||Column 4|
|Relevant statutory provision||Subject of provision||Old Limit||New Limit|
|1.||Article 40(6) of the 1995 Order||Minimum amount of compensation awarded by the industrial tribunal where individual expelled from union in contravention of Article 38 of the 1995 Order and where, when the application is made, the applicant has not been re-admitted to the union.||£5,700||£5,900|
|2.||Article 23(1) of the 1996 Order||Maximum amount of 'a week's pay' for the purpose of calculating basic or additional award of compensation for unfair dismissal or redundancy payment.||£260||£270|
|3.||Article 63(1) of the 1996 Order||Limit on amount of guarantee payment payable to an employee in respect of any day.||£17·30||£17·80|
|4.||Article 154(1) of the 1996 Order||Minimum amount of basic award of compensation where dismissal is unfair by virtue of Article 132(1)(a) and (b), 132A(d), 133(1), 134 or 136(1) of the 1996 Order.||£3,500||£3,600|
|5.||Article 158(1) of the 1996 Order||Limit on amount of compensatory award for unfair dismissal.||£53,500||£55,000|
|6.||Article 231(1) of the 1996 Order||Limits on amount in respect of any one week payable to an employee in respect of debt to which Part XIV of the 1996 Order applies and which is referable to a period of time.||£260||£270|
 The Departments (Transfer and Assignment of Functions) Order (Northern Ireland) 1999 (S.R. 1999 No. 481) transferred functions under the Employment Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 to the Department of Higher and Further Education, Training and Employment, now renamed the Department for Employment and Learningback