|Made||11th February 2004|
|Coming into operation||25th March 2004|
(3) After paragraph (2) there shall be inserted -
Amendment to Schedule 1 (ECE Regulations)
4. In Table II of Schedule 1 to the principal Regulations, after item 37 there shall be inserted the following items -
|37A||67||67||27.04.90||Vehicles using liquified petroleum gas||-||-|
|37B||67.01||67||13.11.99||Vehicles using liquified petroleum gas||-||- ".|
Amendment to Schedule 5 (gas systems)
5. - (1) Schedule 5 to the principal Regulations shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (5).
(2) In paragraph 1, after the definition of "double-check valve" the following definition shall be inserted -
(3) For paragraph 4(4) there shall be substituted -
(b) its length exceeds 500mm and it complies with Annex 8 of ECE Regulation 67.01 and is approved and marked in accordance with that Regulation.
(4A) In the case of a motor vehicle which first used gas as a fuel for its propulsion on or after 25th August 2004 a flexible hose of any length used in a high pressure pipe shall comply with the requirements of Annex 8 of ECE Regulation 67.01, shall be approved and marked in accordance with that Regulation, and shall be no longer than is reasonably necessary.".
(4) For paragraph 8(2) there shall be substituted -
(c) it shall if fitted inside the vehicle be so arranged as to prevent as far as is practicable the possibility of gas entering the engine, passengers or living compartments due to leaks, and the space containing the valve shall be so ventilated and drained as to prevent the accumulation of gas in that space.".
Amendment to Schedule 14 (exemptions relating to combined transport operations)
6. In paragraph 10(1) of Part IV of Schedule 14 to the principal Regulations, for "paragraph 6" there shall be substituted "paragraph 7".
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on
11th February 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of the Environment
Regulation 4 makes amendments to Table II (ECE Regulations) in Schedule 1 to the 1999 Regulations by inserting new items 37A and 37B (which include references to ECE Regulation 67 and 67.01).
Regulation 5 amends Schedule 5 to the 1999 Regulations (gas systems) by -
These Regulations also make minor amendments to regulation 15 (turning circle - buses) and to paragraph 10(1) of Part IV of Schedule 14 to the 1999 Regulations.
These Regulations have been notified to the European Commission pursuant to European Parliament and Council Directive 98/34/EC of 22nd June 1998 (O.J. No. L204, 21.7.98, p. 37) as amended by European Parliament and Council Directive 98/48/EC of 20th July 1998 (O.J. No. L217, 5.8.98, p. 18) laying down a procedure for the provision of information in the field of technical standards and regulations and of rules on Information Society services.
Copies of the relevant EC Directives and ECE Regulations may be obtained from TSO, 16 Arthur Street, Belfast, BT1 4GD.