(Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Appeal number: PA/05932/2018
THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
Heard at Glasgow
Decision and Reasons Promulgated
On 14 March 2019
On 18 th March 2019
UPPER TRIBUNAL JUDGE MACLEMAN
(anonymity direction made)
For the Appellant: Mr T Haddow, Advocate, instructed by Latta & Co, Solicitors
For the Respondent: Mr M Matthews, Senior Home Office Presenting Officer
DETERMINATION AND REASONS
1. The appellant appeals against a decision by First-tier Tribunal Judge Hands, promulgated on 26 June 2018.
2. Ground 2 is headed "error in relation to sur place activities in the UK".
3. Mr Matthews conceded that the decision does not specify what inconsistency was found in relation to the evidence of Mr Taylor, and that was such an error that the decision could not safely stand.
4. The following outcome was agreed.
5. The decision of the FtT is set aside. It stands only as a record of what was said at the hearing.
6. The nature of the case is such that it is appropriate under section 12 of the 2007 Act, and under Practice Statement 7.2, to remit to the FtT for an entirely fresh hearing.
7. The member(s) of the FtT chosen to consider the case are not to include Judge Hands.
8. The FtT made an anonymity direction, which is maintained.
Dated 14 March 2019
UT Judge Macleman