(Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Appeal Number: PA/04323/2017
THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
Heard at Glasgow
Decision & Reasons Promulgated
On 2 May 2018
On 8 May 2018
UPPER TRIBUNAL JUDGE MACLEMAN
THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT
For the Appellant: Mr U Aslam, of McGlashan MacKay, Solicitors
For the Respondent: Mrs M O'Brien, Senior Home Office Presenting Officer
DETERMINATION AND REASONS
1. FtT Judge Sorrell dismissed the appellant's appeal by a decision promulgated on 7 December 2017. The appellant was granted permission to appeal to the UT on 16 January 2018.
2. It was conceded for the respondent that the outcome on Christian conversion fell to be reversed.
3. There are grounds of appeal going also to the political element, but as the outcome would be the same, it is unnecessary to resolve these.
4. The decision of the First-tier Tribunal is set aside, and the following decision is substituted: the appeal, as brought by the appellant to the FtT, is allowed.
5. No anonymity direction has been requested or made.
2 May 2018
Upper Tribunal Judge Macleman