Upper Tribunal Appeal Number: AA 04703 2013
(Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
Determined at Field House
On: 3 October 2013
On: 7 October 2013
UPPER TRIBUNAL JUDGE DAWSON
Secretary of State for the Home Department
NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL AND
REASONS FOR THE TRIBUNAL GIVING CONSENT
1. The appellant is a citizen Nigeria of born 14 April 1982. She appealed to the First-tier Tribunal against a decision of the Secretary of State of 2 May 2013 refusing her asylum claim and to remove her to Nigeria. The First-tier Tribunal dismissed this appeal in a determination promulgated on 5 March 2013. Judge Pullig granted the appellant permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal.
2. By way of a letter to the Upper Tribunal dated 17 September 2013 the appellant’s representatives request permission to withdraw the appellant’s appeal before the Upper Tribunal.
3. On the 18 September 2013 the Upper Tribunal sent directions to the parties indicating it proposed to consent to the appellant’s request to withdraw her appeal, subject to consideration first being given to any response received by 25 September 2013. Neither party responded to those directions
4. Consent of the Upper Tribunal is required for a party to withdraw its case. Having carefully considered the facts of this appeal as a whole, and observing that the Secretary of State has not filed a response to the directions accompanying the grant of permission, I give consent to the appellant to withdraw her case.
5. Accordingly with my consent, and pursuant to rule 17(5) of the Tribunal Procedure (Upper Tribunal) Rules 2008, this appeal is recorded as “Withdrawn with the consent of the Upper Tribunal”. This is a Notice pursuant to rule 17(5) to inform the parties that the appellant’s case is withdrawn.
6. The effect of the appellant’s case being withdrawn from the Upper Tribunal is that the proceedings before the Upper Tribunal are at an end. There is no appeal before the Upper Tribunal and the First-tier Tribunal’s decision shall stand.
Upper Tribunal Judge Dawson
Date: 3 October 2013