This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
14th January 2021
Coming into operation in accordance with regulation 1(2) and (3)
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (Amendment No. 3) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021.
(2) Regulations 1, 2, 3 in so far as it relates to Chile, and 5 shall come into operation at 4.00am on 15 January 2021.
(3) The remainder of the Regulations shall come into operation at 4.00am on 16th January 2021.
(4) In these Regulations, “the principal Regulations” means the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020( 3).
2.—(1) The principal Regulations are amended in accordance with regulations 3 to 5.
(2) In relation to any person who arrived in Northern Ireland on or after 10th July 2020 and before the coming into operation of any amendment made by regulation 3 the principal Regulations apply as if that amendment had not been made.
3. In Schedule 3 (Exempt countries, territories and parts of countries or territories), omit “Aruba”, “The Azores”, “Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba”, “Chile”, “Madeira” and “Qatar”.
4. In Schedule 4 (Specified competitions), at the end insert—
“Betfair Ascot Chase Day horse-racing
Betfair Hurdle Day horse-racing
Billie Jean King Cup Play-offs by BNP Paribas - Great Britain v Mexico
Bolton Indoor ITF Wheelchair Tennis events
FIG Gymnastics World Cup
GB Taekwondo Olympic and Paralympic Test Matches
Grand National Trial Day horse-racing
Imperial Cup meeting horse-racing
Lincoln Handicap meeting horse-racing
Matchroom - Championship League Pool
Matchroom - Superstars of Gymnastics
Matchroom - World Ping Pong Masters
Midlands National meeting horse-racing
Modern Pentathlon Test Event
Para Powerlifting World Cup
Professional Darts Corporation - Challenge Tour
Professional Darts Corporation - Development Tour
Professional Darts Corporation - UK Open
Rugby League Betfred Championship
Scottish Cheltenham Trials Weekend horse-racing
The Festival at Cheltenham horse-racing
Wheelchair Rugby Quad Nations
Women’s Invitational International Football Tournament (hosted by the FA)
World Snooker Tour - Pro Tour Series
World Snooker Tour - Gibraltar Open
World Snooker Tour - Tour Championship ”.
5. In Schedule 5 (Countries or territories subject to additional measures), at the appropriate place in alphabetical order, insert “Argentina”, “Bolivia”, “Brazil”, “Cape Verde”, “Chile”, “Colombia”, “Ecuador”, “French Guiana”, “Guyana”, “Panama”, “Paraguay”, “Peru”, “Portugal”, “Suriname”, “Uruguay”, and “Venezuela”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health on 14th January 2021
Dr Lourda Geoghegan
A senior officer of the Department of Health
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 (“the principal Regulations”).
Aruba, The Azores, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Chile, Madeira and Qatar are omitted from the list of countries and territories in Schedule 3 to the principal Regulations exempt from the requirement in regulation 4 of those Regulations to self-isolate for 10 days after arrival in Northern Ireland.
The list of specified competition in Schedule 4 to the principal Regulations is amended, which is relevant to the exemption from the requirement to self-isolate for elite sportspersons.
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela are included in the list of countries and territories in Schedule 5 to the principal Regulations subject to additional measures.
No impact assessment has been prepared for these Regulations.
Formerly the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety; see 2016 c. 5 (N.I.), s. 1(5)