This is the original version (as it was originally enacted). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Regulations made by the Department of Health and laid before the Assembly under section 25Q (Emergency procedure) of the Public Health Act (Northern Ireland) 1967, for approval of the Assembly before the expiration of 28 days beginning with the day on which they are made.
Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
at 1.30 p.m. on 7th July 2021
Laid before the Assembly
at 2.30 p.m. on 7th July 2021
Coming into operation in accordance with regulation 1(2)
These Regulations are made in response to the serious and imminent threat to public health which is posed by the incidence and spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in Northern Ireland.
The Department of Health considers that the restrictions and requirements imposed by these Regulations are proportionate to what they seek to achieve, which is a public health response to that threat.
In accordance with section 25Q of that Act the Department of Health is of the opinion that, by reason of urgency, it is necessary to make these Regulations without a draft having been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, the Assembly.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021 (Amendment No. 10) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021.
(2) These Regulations come into operation at the time they are made.
2. The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021( 3) are amended in accordance with these Regulations.
3. In regulation 5(3)(b)(ii), omit the word “and” at the end.
4. At the end of regulation 5(3)(b)(iii), for the full stop substitute a semicolon.
5. After regulation 5(3)(b)(iii), insert—
“(iv) require audience members to obtain a ticket in advance of attending an event; and
(v) comply with the duty in regulation 15 (Visitor and Attendee Information). ”.
6. After regulation 15(1)(c) insert—
“(d) responsible for premises to which regulation 5(3) applies. ”.
7. In Regulation 17(2A)(a) after “regulation 5 (Restrictions on licenced and unlicenced premises)” insert “, but not including premises to which Regulation 5(3) applies”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health at 1.30 pm on 7th July 2021
Minister of Health
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021 by providing that an organiser of an outdoor event for which there is an occasional liquor licence must require audience members to purchase a ticket in advance and must obtain visitor information.
No regulatory impact assessment has been prepared for these Regulations.
Formerly the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety; see 2016 c. 5 (N.I.), s. 1(5)