This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Regulations made by the Department of Health and laid before the Assembly under section 25Q (Emergency procedure) of the Public Health Act (Northern Ireland) 1967, for approval of the Assembly before the expiration of 28 days beginning with the day on which they are made.
Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
at 2.00 p.m. on 23rd December 2020
Laid before the Assembly
at 3.00 p.m. on 23rd December 2020
Coming into operation in accordance with Regulation 1(2)
These Regulations are made in response to the serious and imminent threat to public health which is posed by the incidence and spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in Northern Ireland.
The Department of Health considers that the restrictions and requirements imposed by these Regulations are proportionate to what they seek to achieve, which is a public health response to that threat.
In accordance with section 25Q of that Act the Department of Health is of the opinion that, by reason of urgency, it is necessary to make these Regulations without a draft having been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, the Assembly.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (Amendment No. 23) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020.
(2) These Regulations come into operation at the time and on the date they are made.
2. The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020( 3) are amended are amended in accordance with these Regulations.
3. In Regulation 5(9), after “shall not apply to a gathering” insert “on one day only”.
4. In Regulation 6(3A), after “shall not apply to a gathering” insert “on one day only”.
5. In paragraph 3 of Schedule 2, omit sub-paragraph (2A).
6. In paragraph 4(4) of Schedule 2, after ““Christmas linked household”” insert “on one day only”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health at 2.00 pm on 23rd December 2020
Dr Naresh Chada
A senior officer of the Department of Health
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 by limiting a Christmas “bubble” to one day and disallowing overnight stays connected to a Christmas “bubble”.
No regulatory impact assessment has been prepared for these Regulations.
Formerly the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety; see 2016 c. 5 (N.I.), s. 1(5)