Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
Exiting The European Union
19th November 2020
Coming into operation in accordance with Regulation 1(2)
1.-(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Genetically Modified Organisms (Amendment)(EU Exit) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020.
(2) These regulations come into operation the day immediately before IP completion day, except regulation 2 which comes into force on IP completion day.
(3) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(3) applies to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
2.-(1) The Genetically Modified Organisms (Deliberate Release) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003(4) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 23(1)(b) omit "the other".
(3) In regulation 28(f) omit "and the competent authorities of the member states".
(4) In regulation 32(3) omit "the other"
(5) In regulation 34(7) substitute the word "another" with "a".
3.-(1) The Genetically Modified Organisms (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019(5) are amended as follows.
(2) Omit regulation 2.
(3) In regulation 3-
(i) in paragraph (2) omit sub-paragraphs (a), (b) and (d),
(ii) omit paragraph (3),
(iii) in paragraph (5) omit sub-paragraphs (a), (b), (d), (e) and (f),
(iv) omit paragraphs (6) and (9) to (15),
(v) in paragraph (16) omit sub-paragraphs (c) and (d); and
(vi) omit paragraph (17).
(4) Omit regulation 4.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs on 19th November 2020.
A senior officer of the
Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations are made in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 11 of, and Part 1C of schedule 2, to the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. They deal with matters arising out of, or related to the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland in the EU withdrawal agreement
Formerly the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD see section 3(4) of the Departments (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 (S.I. 1999/283 (N.I. 1)). DARD was renamed the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) by Article 1(2) of the Departments Act (Northern Ireland) 2016 (c.5 (N.I.)).