Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
Road Traffic And Vehicles
3rd December 2013
Coming into operation
31st December 2013
The Department of the Environment makes the following Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred by Articles 65(1) and (2), 67(1)(i) and 110(2) of the Road Traffic (Northern Ireland) Order 1995(1).
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Goods Vehicles (Testing) (Amendment No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2013 and shall come into operation on 31st December 2013.
(2) In these Regulations "the principal Regulations" means the Goods Vehicles (Testing) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003(2).
2. (1) Regulation 16 of the principal Regulations is amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3).
(2) In paragraph (1) omit "or Schedule 5".
(3) In paragraph (2)(b) after "refusal" insert "and the consequences of using a vehicle without a valid test certificate".
3. For Schedules 4 and 5 to the principal Regulations substitute the Schedule set out in the Schedule to these Regulations.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on 3rd December 2013
A senior officer of the
Department of the Environment
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Goods Vehicles (Testing Regulations) Northern Ireland) 2003 ("the 2003 Regulations") to comply with Commission Directive 2010/48/EU of 5th July 2010 (O.J. L173, 8.7.2010, p.47) adapting to technical progress Directive 2009/40/EC (O.J. L141, 6.6.2009, p.12) of the European Parliament and of the Council on roadworthiness tests for motor vehicles and their trailers.
Regulation 2 amends regulation 16 of the 2003 Regulations to add to the details to be contained within the notice of refusal of a goods vehicle test certificate the consequences of using a vehicle without a valid test certificate.
Regulation 3 substitutes Schedules 4 and 5 for a new Schedule 4 to the 2003 Regulations to add a Part 3 to the Goods Vehicle Test Certificate.
An Explanatory Memorandum and a Regulatory Impact Assessment have been produced and are available from Road Safety and Vehicle Regulation Division, Department of the Environment, Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Town Parks, Belfast BT2 8GB or viewed online at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/nisr.