Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
14th May 2013
Coming into operation
19th July 2013
The Department of Justice makes the following Order in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 3(1) of the County Courts (Northern Ireland) Order 1980(1) after consultation with the Lord Chief Justice.
1. This Order may be cited as the County Court Divisions Order (Northern Ireland) 2013 and shall come into operation on 19th July 2013.
2. In this Order-
"petty sessions districts" means the petty sessions districts specified by the Petty Sessions Districts Order (Northern Ireland) 1994(2).
3. For the purposes of the County Courts (Northern Ireland) Order 1980, Northern Ireland shall be divided into seven divisions the names of which shall be listed in column 1 of the Schedule.
4. Each division listed in column 1 of the Schedule shall comprise the petty sessions districts specified in relation to that division in column 2 of the Schedule and the boundary of each division shall be such as to include the petty sessions districts so specified.
5. The County Court Divisions Order (Northern Ireland) 1994(3) is revoked.
6. Proceedings commenced on or after 10th June 2013 and before 19th July 2013 in the county court division of Belfast may continue to be dealt with in the county court divisions of Antrim, Belfast, Craigavon, Fermanagh and Tyrone or Londonderry.
Sealed with the official seal of the Department of Justice on 14 May 2013.
Minister of Justice
Name of division
Petty sessions districts comprised in division
|Armagh and South Down|
Newry and Mourne
|Belfast||Belfast and Newtownabbey|
|Fermanagh and Tyrone|
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order specifies the county court divisions into which Northern Ireland is divided and lists the petty session districts comprised in each division; and revokes the County Court Divisions Order (Northern Ireland) 1994.