|Made||31st March 2005|
|Coming into operation in accordance with regulation 1(1)|
(2) In these Regulations -
(3) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
Amendment of the Housing Benefit Regulations
2. - (1) Subject to paragraph (2), the Housing Benefit Regulations shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (7).
(2) The amendments made by paragraphs (4) and (7) are to the Housing Benefit Regulations as modified in their application to persons to whom regulation 2 of the State Pension Credit Regulations applies.
(3) In regulation 5 (circumstances in which a person is or is not to be treated as occupying a dwelling as his home) -
(8ZA) Where paragraph (8A) applies to a person, then, for any day that he is on temporary release -
(c) in paragraph (8B)(c)(viii) "or regulation 48A(1)" shall be omitted;
(d) in paragraph (8B)(c)(x) there shall be omitted, "or (7A)".
(4) In regulation 36 (notional income) -
(1B) For the purposes of paragraph (1A), entitlement has been deferred -
(5) Until 6th April 2005 the references in regulation 36(1B) (as inserted by paragraph (4)) to section 55(3) of the Contributions and Benefits Act, section 55C(3) of that Act and section 35(4) and (4A) of the National Insurance Act (Northern Ireland) 1966 shall have effect as if they were references to section 55(2) to the Contributions and Benefits Act, section 55C(1) of that Act and section 35(4) and (7) of the National Insurance Act (Northern Ireland) 1966 respectively.
(6) In Schedule 2 (applicable amounts), paragraph 13A(2)(a) shall be omitted.
(7) In Schedule 4A (amounts to be disregarded in the calculation of income other than earnings), after paragraph 24 there shall be added the following paragraph -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
31st March 2005.
A senior officer of the Department for Social Development
The Department of Finance and Personnel hereby consents to the foregoing Regulations.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
31st March 2005.
A senior officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
 See section 171(6A) of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits (Northern Ireland) Act 1992 as inserted by Article 3(3) of the Social Security (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 1993 (S.I. 1993/1579 (N.I. 8)); see also Article 6(b) of S.R. 1999 No. 481back
 1966 c. 6; sections 35 and 36 continue in force by virtue of Schedules 1 and 2 to the Social Security (Graduated Retirement Benefit) (No. 2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1978 (S.R. 1978 No. 105) and were amended by regulation 2(2) and (3) respectively of S.R. 2005 No. 121back