|Made||21st December 2004|
3. The following provisions of the 2004 Order come into operation on 26th December 2004 -
4. The coming into operation of the provisions mentioned in Article 3 is subject to the transitional provisions in Articles 5 to 8.
5. The Articles inserted into the 1996 Order by Article 14 of the 2004 Order (Articles 77A to 77F) do not apply to an offer made to a complainant before 26th December 2004 or to an offer that is part of a series of similar offers made to a complainant where the first offer in the series was made to him before that date.
6. - (1) The amendments and repeals made by the following provisions of the 2004 Order -
do not apply in the circumstances specified in paragraph (2).
(2) The circumstances are -
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2) an act extending over a period is done on the last day of that period and a failure to act shall be treated as done when it was decided on.
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (3), in the absence of evidence establishing the contrary, the employer shall be taken to decide on a failure to act-
The amendments to Article 136 of the 1996 Order made by Article 15 of the 2004 Order do not apply in relation to dismissal where the "effective date of termination", as defined in Article 129 of the 1996 Order, occurred before 26th December 2004.
8. The amendments made to Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the Employment Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 by Article 18 of the 2004 Order do not apply in relation to any disciplinary or grievance hearing occurring on or after 26th December 2004 that the worker was required or invited to attend before that date.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Employment and Learning on
21st December 2004.
R. B. Gamble
A senior officer of the Department for Employment and Learning