|Made||2nd December 2004|
|Coming into operation||17th January 2005|
Payment and amount of grants
3. - (1) Subject to the following provisions of this Scheme, the Department may make to any person a grant representing 40 per cent of any expenditure -
(2) This paragraph refers to expenditure which is to be of a capital nature or to be incurred in connection with expenditure of a capital nature and is incurred in respect of -
(b) any work, facility or transaction (including conservation or amenity works) incidental to any matter referred to in sub-paragraph (a).
(3) Where it appears to the Department that expenditure, in respect of which an application has been made, is to be incurred partly for the purposes of or in connection with the carrying on of an agricultural business and partly for other purposes it may treat as being incurred for the purposes of or in connection with the carrying on of an agricultural business so much of that expenditure as it appears may be referable to the carrying on of that agricultural business.
(4) The Department shall not approve any expenditure unless the work, facility or transaction to which it refers complies with the requirements or prohibitions of the Schedule.
4. - (1) If, in view of the total amount of expenditure approved for the purposes of applications already accepted under this Scheme, the Department is at any time of the opinion that the financial resources which are available for payment of grant under Article 3(1) during any period are insufficient to satisfy any payment during that period which would result from the acceptance of any further application, it may suspend further consideration of any application received at the date of its decision but not yet accepted, or any application it may receive after the date of its decision, until such time as may subsequently be specified by it.
(2) If in view of the total amount of expenditure approved for the purposes of applications already accepted under this Scheme, it appears to the Department that no further financial resources will be available to satisfy any payments made in respect of further applications, the Department shall reject all further applications.
(3) Notice of a decision under paragraph (1) or (2) shall be published in the Belfast Gazette.
Restrictions on the making of grants
5. The Department shall not make a grant under Article 3(1) -
Applications for grant
6. - (1) Any application -
(2) The Department shall inform an applicant in writing whether the application is accepted or not and, if it is not accepted, shall give the reasons.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on
2nd December 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
The Department of Finance and Personnel hereby consents to the foregoing Scheme.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
2nd December 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
Applicants who are tenants must ensure that the work to which the expenditure relates, is permitted under the terms of their tenancy agreement, and if the tenancy agreement is for less than five years, must provide written confirmation, from their landlord, that the facility will be kept in agricultural use, at least until five years have elapsed from the date of the claim.