|Made||30th November 2004|
(2) The provisions of this Order are without prejudice to the requirements or prohibitions imposed by or under any other statutory provision relating to the movement of animals.
3. This Order shall not apply in relation to the movement of an animal to or from a zoo licensed under the Welfare of Animals Act (Northern Ireland) 1972.
7. A person shall not move or cause or permit to be moved an animal into or out of a licensed isolation facility except under and in accordance with the conditions of a licence issued by the Department.
Requirement for dealers to keep records
9. - (1) A dealer shall keep a record of the movement of any animal to or from trading premises operated by him and such record shall include -
(2) In addition the record kept under paragraph (1) shall contain, in the case of any animal, its individual animal identification number.
(3) A dealer required to keep a record under this Article shall -
(c) on demand by an inspector produce that record for inspection and allow a copy or extract therefrom to be taken.
Requirement for dealers to furnish information
10. A dealer shall, on demand, furnish to the Department his name and address.
(3) An animal which is moved under the authority of a licence under this Order shall be kept separate throughout such movement from any animal which is not being moved under the authority of that licence.
12. - (1) A general licence shall be issued by the publication of it in such manner and to such extent as appears to the Department to be sufficient to bring it to the notice of those persons likely to be affected by it.
(2) Where an animal is moved under the authority of a general licence, and that licence requires the person moving the animal to have a movement document, the occupier of premises which it is moved on to shall -
Notices prohibiting movement under a general licence
13. - (1) Where a general licence has been issued, the Department may -
(2) A notice issued under paragraph (1)(b) shall be served on the person prohibited from moving animals by the notice and on the occupier of any premises individually named in the notice.
(3) A notice issued under paragraph (1)(c) shall be served on the occupier of each of the premises specified in the notice and published in any other way that the Department thinks fit to draw the notice to the attention of any person affected by it.
14. - (1) An animal moved under the authority of a specific licence shall be -
(2) Where any animal is moved under the authority of a specific licence, then, unless the licence provides otherwise, the occupier of the premises to which it is moved shall -
(3) The person in charge of any animal moved under a specific licence shall, on demand made by an inspector or a member of the Police Service of Northern Ireland -
(2) The provisions of paragraph (1) shall continue to apply until the expiry of a period of 7 days from the date on which any restriction on the movement of the animal off the premises ceases to apply under this Order and the keeper of the animal shall be liable to pay to the person who affords any facilities or feeds, tends or otherwise keeps that animal, in accordance with those provisions, such sums by way of remuneration and reimbursement of expenses as may be just and reasonable in all the circumstances.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on
30th November 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development