|Made||2nd November 2004|
|Coming into operation||29th November 2004|
in the course of any trade or business other than agriculture and other than a use carried out in or adjacent to a mine or quarry;
(2) A reference in this Order to a Class followed by a letter and a number is a reference to the Class followed by that letter and a number in the Schedule.
3. - (1) Subject to the provisions of this Order, where a building or other land is used for a purpose of any Class specified in the Schedule, the use of that building or that other land for any other purpose of the same Class shall not be taken to involve development of the land.
(2) References in paragraph (1) to a building include references to land occupied with the building and used for the same purposes.
(3) A use which is included in and ordinarily incidental to any use in a Class specified in the Schedule is not excluded from the use to which it is incidental merely because it is specified in the Schedule as a separate use.
(4) No class specified in the Schedule includes use -
4. The -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on
2nd November 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of the Environment
where the sale, display or service is to visiting members of the public.
Class A2: Financial, professional and other services
Use for the provision of services which it is appropriate to provide in a shopping area, where the services are provided principally to visiting members of the public including -
Class B2: Light Industrial
Use for any industrial process which can be carried out without detriment to amenity by reason of noise, vibration, smell, fumes, smoke, soot, ash, dust or grit.
Class B3: General Industrial
Use for the carrying on of any industrial process other than one falling within Class B2.
Class B4: Storage or distribution
Use for storage or as a distribution centre.
Class C2: Guest houses
Use as a boarding or guest house or as a hostel where, in each case, no significant element of care is provided.
Class C3: Residential institutions
Class D2: Assembly and leisure
Use as a -
|Planning (Use Classes) Order (Northern Ireland) 1989||Planning (Use Classes) Order (Northern Ireland) 2004|
|Class 1: Shops||Part A, Class A1: Shops|
|Class 2: Financial, professional and other services||Part A, Class A2: Financial, professional and other services|
|Class 3: Business||Part B, Class B1: Business|
|Class 4: Light Industrial||Part B, Class B2: Light Industrial|
|Class 5: General Industrial||Part B, Class B3: General Industrial|
|Classes 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10: Special Industrial These classes were subsequently revoked by amending legislation in 1993 and 1996||None|
|Class 11: Storage or distribution||Part B, Class B4: Storage or distribution|
|Class 12: Guest houses and hostels||Part C, Class C2: Guest houses|
|Class 13: Residential institutions||Part C, Class C3: Residential institutions|
|Class 14: Dwellinghouses||Part C, Class C1: Dwellinghouses|
|Class 15: Non-residential institutions||Part D, Class D1: Community and Cultural Uses|
|Class 16: Assembly and leisure||Part D, Class D2: Assembly and leisure|
 Council Directive 75/442/EEC, O.J. No. L194,25.7.75, p. 39-41. Council Directive 75/442/EEC was amended by Council Directive 91/156/EEC, O.J. No. L078, 26.3.91, p. 32-37. Council Directive 91/692/EEC, O.J. L377, 31.12.91, p. 48-54 and by Commission Decision 96/350/EC, O.J. L135, 6.06.96, p. 32-34back