|Made||27th August 2004|
|Coming into operation||1st March 2005|
(2) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to this Order as it applies to an Act of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
3. The Price Marking (Food and Drink on Premises) Order (Northern Ireland) 1979 is hereby revoked.
4. - (1) This Order applies where a person indicates that food is or may be for sale by him by retail -
(2) This Order does not apply to premises on which food is ordinarily supplied -
(c) only to persons for whom sleeping accommodation on those premises is provided.
Obligations to indicate prices for food and other charges
5. - (1) A person who indicates that food is or may be for sale by him shall, subject to the other provisions of this Order, give an indication of -
(2) Where a food is sold in more than one quantity or weight, it is sufficient compliance with paragraph (1)(b) to give a single indication of price in relation to a single quantity or weight where the price applied to different quantities or weights is proportionate to the price so indicated.
(3) Where foods of different descriptions are or may be for sale together (other than foods supplied as a fixed price meal) and the total price for the foods is the sum of the prices of the individual foods, only an indication of the price of the individual foods is required.
(4) An indication of the price of food or of a charge payable in addition to the price of any food which is subject to value added tax shall be inclusive of the tax.
6. - (1) On any premises indications of the price of food are required to be given in accordance with the table set out below:
|Descriptions of food which are or may be for sale||Indications of price required|
|If thirty descriptions of food (other than wine) or fewer are available||For all such descriptions|
|If more than thirty descriptions of food (other than wine) are available||For at least thirty such descriptions which must, if soft drinks are or may be for sale, include five soft drinks or the actual number if less than five|
|More than thirty descriptions of food (other than wine) divided in any way into categories||For a minimum of thirty which must include five per category or the actual number in a category if less than five. If soft drinks are or may be for sale indications must be given for five or the actual number if less than five|
|Wine for consumption with other foods in an eating or supply area||For five or the actual number if less than five|
|Foods of different descriptions for sale together as a fixed price meal||For each fixed price meal. The preceding requirements in this table shall not apply to the foods contained in the meal unless they are or may be available separately|
(b) indicate that such price or conversion rate does not apply to transactions via a payment card to be applied to accounts denominated in currencies other than sterling, the conversion rate for which will be that applied by the relevant payment scheme which processes the transaction.
Savings for other statutory provisions
9. Nothing in Article 8 shall have effect to require anything to be done if the doing of it would be a contravention by any person of Regulations made under, or having effect as if made under, Articles 67 and 84 of the Planning (Northern Ireland) Order 1991.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment on
27th August 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment