|Made||22nd July 2004|
|Coming into operation||4th October 2004|
Amendment of the Jobseeker's Allowance Regulations
3. - (1) The Jobseeker's Allowance Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (6).
(2) In regulation 14(1) (circumstances in which a person is to be treated as available) -
(b) after sub-paragraph (o) there shall be added the following sub-paragraph -
(3) In regulation 19(1) (circumstances in which a person is to be treated as actively seeking employment) -
(b) after sub-paragraph (s) there shall be added the following sub-paragraph -
(4) In regulation 50 (persons temporarily absent from Northern Ireland) -
(b) after paragraph (6B) there shall be inserted the following paragraph -
(5) In regulation 55 (short periods of sickness) after paragraph (4) there shall be added the following paragraph -
(6) After regulation 55 there shall be inserted the following regulation -
shall be treated during that period of temporary absence abroad as capable of work, except where that person has stated in writing before that period of temporary absence abroad begins that immediately before the beginning of the period of that temporary absence abroad he has claimed incapacity benefit, severe disablement allowance or income support.
(2) The evidence which is required for the purposes of paragraph (1)(c) is a declaration made by that person in writing, in a form approved for the purposes by the Department, that he will be unfit for work from a date or for a period specified in the declaration.".
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
22nd July 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development
 S.I. 1995/2705 (N.I. 15); Article 36(2)(a) was amended by Article 4 of and, paragraph 55 of Schedule 3 to the Social Security Contributions (Transfer of Functions etc.) (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 (S.I. 1999/671)back