|Made||1st July 2004|
|Coming into operation||23rd July 2004|
Notification of potatoes originating in Poland
3. - (1) A person shall not land any potatoes in Northern Ireland which he knows or has reasonable cause to suspect have originated in Poland unless, at least two days prior to the date of landing, he has given written notification to an inspector of his intention to do so and of -
(2) Any person who, after 30th April 2004 and before the commencement of this Order, landed in Northern Ireland any potatoes which he knew or had reasonable cause to suspect to have originated in Poland shall, no later than 6th August 2004 give written notification to an inspector of -
(3) In this Article, "processing" means any industrial treatment, including grading, sorting, washing and packing, whether for retail sale or not.
(4) The requirements at paragraphs (1) and (2) shall apply to all potatoes originating in Poland which are landed in Northern Ireland from Great Britain.
Actions which may be taken by an inspector
4. - (1) The provisions of this Article are without prejudice to the circumstances in which an inspector may by virtue of the principal Order exercise the powers conferred by that Order.
(2) On having reasonable grounds for suspecting a contravention or likely contravention of Article 3, an inspector may for the purpose of this Order, exercise -
(3) An inspector may, for the purposes of checking compliance with this Order, exercise the powers conferred by Article 25 and 28(1) of the principal Order.
(4) Any notice served by virtue of this Article in exercise of a power conferred by Article 22(1) or (2) of the principal Order shall have effect as if served under Article 22(1) or (2) of the principal Order, and Articles 24(3), 26 to 28, 32 and 47 of the principal Order shall apply accordingly.
(5) Any powers conferred by Article 25 of the principal Order which is exercised by virtue of this Article shall be treated as if that power had been exercised under the principal Order and Article 47 (offences) shall apply accordingly.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on
1st July 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
 S.R. 1993 No. 256 as amended by S.R. 1994 No. 28, S.R. 1995 No. 164, No. 250 and No. 494, S.R. 1996 No. 204 and No. 249, S.R. 1997 No. 110 and No. 397, S.R. 1998 No. 16, No. 146 and No. 315, S.R. 1999 No. 24, S.R. 2000 No. 126, S.R. 2001 No. 188 and No. 437, S.R. 2002 No. 273, S.R. 2003 No. 235 and No. 458back