|Made||28th June 2004|
|Coming into operation||1st October 2004|
and includes works which cannot reasonably be severed from such works.
Form of Records
3. - (1) Subject to regulation 5, a record of every item of apparatus belonging to an undertaker and placed in the street shall be kept by that undertaker on paper, or, subject to regulation 4, in the form of an electronic record, or a combination of both, and shall be prepared in the form of:
(b) a statement of Irish Grid co-ordinates derived from a geographical information system.
(2) Ordnance Survey County Series Mapping may only be used to record the location or route map for a period not exceeding five years from the date on which these Regulations come into operation ("the transitional period"), and records made in this way shall be transferred into one of the other forms prescribed by paragraph (1) by no later than the end of the transitional period.
(3) In preparing the record, the location and route of the apparatus shall be recorded so that the measured position shall be within 300mm of the actual position and the recorded position shall be within 500mm of the actual position.
4. Where an electronic record is kept pursuant to regulation 3, it shall be capable of being reproduced in a sufficiently legible form to comply with the duty imposed by Article 39(3) of the Order (duty to make records available for inspection).
5. The duty in Article 39(1) of the Order to keep a record of the location of every item of apparatus shall not apply -
(b) to any apparatus placed by an undertaker in the street within its existing apparatus where the location of the existing apparatus has already been recorded in a form prescribed by regulation 3;
(c) to any apparatus placed in the street prior to the date on which these Regulations came into operation;
(d) to any apparatus belonging to an undertaker which is discovered by him in the street during the course of emergency works or urgent works carried out by him;
(e) to any apparatus not installed underground; and
(f) to service pipes and service lines.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Regional Development on
28th June 2004.
A senior officer of the Department for Regional Development