|Made||1st June 2004|
|Coming into operation||9th June 2004|
(2) In this Order any reference to an animal or bird includes a reference to the carcase of such an animal or bird.
Extension of definition of "animals" and "poultry"
3. For the purposes of the 1981 Order in its application to this Order -
(b) the list of poultry in Part II of Schedule 1 to the 1981 Order is hereby extended so as to comprise birds of any kind.
Notice of specified disease
4. - (1) A person who has in his possession or under his charge an affected or suspected animal or bird, a veterinary surgeon or other person who, in the course of his duties, examines or inspects such an animal or bird and any person who, following an analysis by him of any sample taken from an animal or bird has reasonable grounds for supposing that the animal or bird is affected, shall, with all practicable speed, give notice of the fact -
(2) An inspector, if he is not a veterinary inspector, or a member of the Police Service of Northern Ireland who receives a notice under paragraph (1) shall immediately inform a veterinary inspector of the fact.
5. The Specified Diseases (Notification and Movement Restrictions) Order (Northern Ireland) 1997 is hereby revoked.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on
1st June 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
|1||African horse sickness||All animals|
|2||Brucellosis||All animals except bovine animals|
|3||Contagious agalactia||All animals|
|4||Contagious pleuro-pneumonia||All animals|
|5||Epizootic haemorrhagic disease||All animals|
|6||Goat pox||All animals|
|7||Jaagsiekte complex||Sheep and goats|
|8||Johne's disease||Sheep and goats|
|9||Lumpy skin disease||All animals|
|10||Peste des petits ruminants||All animals|
|11||Rift valley fever||All animals|
|13||Sheep pox||All animals|
|14||Teschen disease||All animals|
|15||Vesicular stomatitis||All animals|
|16||Visna-Maedi complex||All animals|
|17||Caseous lymphadenitis||All animals|