|Made||21st April 2004|
|Coming into operation||10th May 2004|
(3) For the purposes of these Regulations the time when a scheme begins to be wound up shall be determined in accordance with regulation 2 of the Winding Up Regulations.
(4) The revocations made by regulation 2 and the amendments of the Winding Up Regulations made by regulation 3 have effect only in relation to occupational pension schemes which begin to be wound up on or after the date on which these Regulations come into operation and before the end of the transitional period.
(5) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
2. In relation to such schemes as are mentioned in regulation 1(4) the following regulations are hereby revoked -
and accordingly Article 73(3)(c) of the Pensions (Northern Ireland) Order 1995 has effect as amended only by Article 35(1) of the Welfare Reform and Pensions (Northern Ireland) Order 1999.
Amendment of the Winding Up Regulations
3. In relation to such schemes as are mentioned in regulation 1(4), regulation 3 of the Winding Up Regulations (modification of Article 73) shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (a) to (d) -
(b) after paragraph (4) there shall be inserted the following paragraph -
(c) for paragraph (6) there shall be substituted the following paragraph -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
21st April 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development