|Made||16th March 2004|
|Coming into operation||12th April 2004|
(2) For the purpose of this Order the time when a pension "begins" is that stated in section 8(2) of the Act of 1971, and the "beginning date" shall be construed accordingly.
(3) Where, for the purposes of this Order, it is necessary to calculate the number of complete months in any period an incomplete month shall be treated as a complete month if it consists of at least 16 days.
Increases in certain pensions
3. - (1) The annual rate of an official pension may, if a qualifying condition is satisfied or the pension is a derivative or substituted pension or a relevant injury pension, be increased as set out in paragraphs (2) and (3) by the pension authority in respect of any period beginning on or after 12th April 2004.
(2) A pension beginning before 7th April 2003 may be increased by 2.8 per cent of the basic rate as increased by the amount of any increase under section 1 of the Act of 1971 or the existing Orders.
(3) A pension beginning on or after 7th April 2003 and before 12th April 2004 may be increased by 2.8 per cent multiplied by -
Increase in certain lump sums
4. In respect of any lump sum or instalment of a lump sum which became payable before 12th April 2004 but on or after 7th April 2003 there may be paid an increase of 2.8 per cent of the amount of the lump sum or instalment (as increased by the amount of any increase under section 1 of the Act of 1971 or under the existing Orders) multiplied by -
Reduction in respect of guaranteed minimum pensions
5. Where -
the amount by reference to which any increase in the rate of an official pension provided for by this Order is to be calculated shall be reduced by an amount equal to the rate of the guaranteed minimum pension unless the Department of Finance and Personnel in accordance with the provisions of Article 69A of the Order of 1975, otherwise directs.
6. The amount by reference to which any increase in the rate of a widow's or widower's pension provided for by this Order is to be calculated shall, where the pensioner becomes entitled on the death of the deceased spouse to a guaranteed minimum pension, be reduced in accordance with Article 69(5ZA) of the Order of 1975.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
16th March 2004.
A Senior Officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
|Pensions Beginning||Percentage Increase|
|7th April 2003 to 27th April 2003||2.8%|
|28th April 2003 to 27th May 2003||2.57%|
|28th May 2003 to 27th June 2003||2.33%|
|28th June 2003 to 27th July 2003||2.10%|
|28th July 2003 to 27th August 2003||1.87%|
|28th August 2003 to 27th September 2003||1.63%|
|28th September 2003 to 27th October 2003||1.40%|
|28th October 2003 to 27th November 2003||1.17%|
|28th November 2003 to 27th December 2003||0.93%|
|28th December 2003 to 27th January 2004||0.70%|
|28th January 2004 to 27th February 2004||0.47%|
|28th February 2004 to 27th March 2004||0.23%|
|28th March 2004 onwards||Nil|
 S.I. 1975/1503 (N.I. 15); Art. 69 was amended by S.I. 1979/396 (N.I. 5) Arts. 10(2), 16 and Sch. 3, S.I. 1985/1209 (N.I. 16) Art. 25(2) and Sch. 6, S.I. 1986/1888 (N.I. 18) Arts. 11(8), 19(1)(b), 83(1) and Sch. 9, para. 58, S.I. 1990/1509 (N.I. 13) Arts. 3(7) and 7, by section 4 and paragraph 14(19) of Schedule 2 to the Social Security (Consequential Provisions) (Northern Ireland) Act 1992 (1992 c. 9) and by section 184 of and paragraph 15(1) of Schedule 7 to the Pension Schemes (Northern Ireland) Act 1993 (1993 c. 49). Article 69 is modified by Article 69A, which was inserted by Article 10(3) of the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1979 (S.I. 1979/396 (N.I. 5)), and amended by S.I. 1986/1888 (N.I. 18) Art. 11(9) and by section 184 of and paragraph 15(2) of Schedule 7 to the Pension Schemes (Northern Ireland) Act 1993back
 As amended by S.R. & O. (N.I.) 1972 No. 264, S.I. 1974/1267 (N.I. 2) Art. 5(2) and (3), S.I. 1987/2203 (N.I. 22) Art. 72(3) and Sch. 5 Part I, S.I. 1990/1509 (N.I. 13) Art. 3, S.I. 1995/3213 (N.I. 22) Art. 163 and S.I. 1999/3147 (N.I. 11) Art. 36(1) and (2)back