|Made||15th March 2004|
|Coming into operation -|
|except for regulations 5, 8(2), 11(a) and 12(2)||9th April 2004|
|regulations 5, 8(2), 11(a) and 12(2)||1st July 2004|
(b) after the definition of "Directive 98/83" there shall be inserted -
In paragraph (1) of regulation 7 (treatments and additions), for sub-paragraph (a) there shall be substituted -
After regulation 7 there shall be inserted -
that water shall be deemed not to exceed the maximum limits specified in Schedule 6.".
After regulation 9 there shall be inserted -
For paragraph (3) of regulation 10 (labelling of natural mineral water) there shall be substituted -
(d) the mandatory information referred to in paragraph (4).".
- (1) In regulation 10(5)(b), after "has undergone any of the treatments referred to in paragraph (3)(a)" there shall be added "or (b)".
(2) In regulation 10(5), at the end of sub-paragraph (c) "or" shall be omitted, and at the end of sub-paragraph (d) there shall be added -
In paragraph (1) of regulation 11 (spring water), at the end of sub-paragraph (d) "and" shall be omitted, and at the end of sub-paragraph (e) the following shall be inserted -
After regulation 11 there shall be inserted -
In regulation 17 (offences and penalties) -
- (1) In regulation 18 (defences), after paragraph (3) there shall be added the following paragraphs -
(2) In regulation 18, after paragraph (4) inserted by paragraph (1) there shall be added the following -
- (1) In Schedule 1, Part I, paragraph 2, sub-paragraph (c), for the words following "contains no substance" there shall be substituted -
(2) In Schedule 1, Part II, paragraph 2, sub-paragraph (c), for the words following "contains no substance" there shall be substituted -
After Schedule 4 there shall be added Schedules 5, 6 and 7 contained in the Schedule.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety on
15th March 2004.
W. B. Smith
A senior officer of the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety
Treatment of natural mineral waters and spring waters with ozone-enriched air shall not -
|Treatment residue||Maximum limit (µg/l)|
A person seeking to have a process of treatment with ozone-enriched air authorised shall -
The district council shall assess the application and any information in its possession and shall authorise the treatment process, if it is satisfied that -
Where a treatment process has been authorised pursuant to paragraph 4, the person carrying out the treatment process must continue to allow periodic examination of the treatment process by the district council by the methods in paragraph 3(b) and (c), for the purpose of assessing whether the conditions in paragraph 4(a) and (b) continue to be satisfied.
7. If the district council is satisfied that the conditions in paragraph 4 are no longer fulfilled, it may withdraw its authorisation of a treatment process by giving the person operating that process a written notice stating the grounds for withdrawal.
|Constituents||Maximum limits (mg/l)|
|Arsenic||0.010 (as total)|
|Constituent||Accuracy of parametric value in %||Precision of parametric value||Detection limit of parametric value in %|
The method used to detect cyanide must be such that it is possible to determine total cyanide in all its forms".
(n) insert a new Schedule 6 into the principal Regulations, setting down maximum limits for certain naturally-occurring substances in natural mineral water (regulation 14 and the Schedule);
(o) insert a new Schedule 7 into the principal Regulations, containing standards for scientific methods used to detect the substances specified in Schedule 6 (regulation 14 and the Schedule).