|Made||12th March 2004|
|Coming into operation||5th April 2004|
(17C) In the circumstances specified in paragraph (17B) a decision made under Article 11 shall take effect -
(b) in paragraph (23) omit ", (17B)".
Amendment of the State Pension Credit Regulations
3. - (1) The State Pension Credit Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003 shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (5).
(2) In regulation 10 (assessed income period) -
(b) in a case to which paragraph (5A) does not apply -
(5A) This paragraph applies where the period which -
is a period of the same length as the period in respect of which the last payment of the pre-increase assessed amount was made.
(5B) In paragraphs (5) and (5A) -
(3) After regulation 17 (calculation of weekly income) there shall be inserted the following regulation -
(2) For the purposes of regulation 17(1) -
(3) A final payment referred to in paragraph (2)(a) shall, where not in fact paid on the date on which a regular payment would have been paid had it continued in payment, be treated as paid on that date.
(4) Each multiple and any excess referred to in paragraph (2)(b) shall be treated as paid on the dates on which a corresponding number of regular payments would have been made had they continued in payment.
(5) For the purposes of this regulation, a "regular payment" means a payment of income made in respect of a period -
(4) In regulation 21 (notional capital), for paragraph (2) there shall be substituted the following paragraph -
shall be regarded as not depriving himself of it.".
(5) Paragraph 24 of Schedule 5 as inserted by regulation 23(9)(c) of the State Pension Credit (Consequential, Transitional and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003 shall be renumbered paragraph 23A.
4. Regulation 2 shall not apply where -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
12th March 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development