|Made||8th March 2004|
|Coming into operation||14th April 2004|
(3) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
Amendment of regulation 5 of the principal Regulations
2. In regulation 5(2) of the principal Regulations (lesser incapacity allowances) for "9th April 2003" there shall be substituted "14th April 2004".
Substitution of Schedule 1 to the principal Regulations
3. For Schedule 1 to the principal Regulations (table of rates of lesser incapacity allowance for beneficiaries to whom regulation 5(2) applies and table of loss of earnings and corresponding rates of lesser incapacity allowance) there shall be substituted the Schedule set out in the Schedule to these Regulations.
Transitional provision relating to amount of allowance payable
4. Where -
the beneficiary shall be treated as entitled, from the operative date, to an allowance at the rate to which he would have been entitled had the final calculation been made before that date.
Transitional provision relating to claims not made, or made but not determined, before the operative date
5. Where -
(b) such allowance is found to be payable in respect of a period before the operative date,
the rate payable in respect of the period before the operative date shall be that which would have been payable had the amendment to the principal Regulations made by regulation 3 not been made.
Transitional provision relating to revision and appeal
6. Where a lesser incapacity allowance has been awarded to a person under the principal Regulations before the operative date and a question arises as to the weekly rate of allowance payable in consequence of these Regulations, the case shall be reconsidered in the light of the amendments made by, and transitional provisions contained in, these Regulations and the allowance shall continue to be payable at the weekly rate specified in the award until the question has been determined in accordance with the provisions of the principal Regulations.
7. The Workmen's Compensation (Supplementation) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003 are hereby revoked.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
8th March 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development
The Department of Finance and Personnel hereby consents to the foregoing Regulations.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
9th March 2004.
Senior Officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
|Rate of lesser incapacity allowance from 9th April 2003 to 13th April 2004 inclusive||Rate of lesser incapacity allowance from 14th April 2004|
|Loss of earnings||Rate of lesser incapacity allowance|