|Made||2nd February 2004|
|To be laid before Parliament under section 72(2A) of the Police (Northern Ireland) Act 1998|
|Coming into operation||27th February 2004|
(3) In these regulations "the principal regulations" means the Royal Ulster Constabulary Pensions (Additional Voluntary Contributions) Regulations 1993.
2. The principal regulations are amended in accordance with Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
One of Her Majesty's Principal Secretaries of State
Northern Ireland Office
13th January 2004
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty's Treasury
2nd February 2004
(b) the definition of "the Society" in that paragraph is omitted; and
(c) after paragraph (3) there is inserted -
In regulations 5(4) and 6(2)(a) (death benefit elections) before the words "the amount to be secured" there are inserted the words "the approved additional voluntary contributions provider with which the contributions are to be invested and".
3. In regulation 9 (investment of contributions) -
In regulation 10 (inward transfers) for paragraph (2) there is substituted -
After regulation 10 there is inserted -
In regulation 11 (retirement pensions) -
(b) in paragraph (2) (obligation to make pension election) after the words "a participator" there are inserted the words "who retires before 1st November 1999",
(c) after that paragraph there is inserted -
(f) in paragraph (7) (power for police authority to purchase pension from alternative pension provider) after the words "paragraph (8)," there are inserted the words "in case of a participator who retires before 1st November 1999", and
(g) after that paragraph there is inserted -
In regulation 12 (lump sum death benefit) for the words "the Society" there are substituted the words "the approved additional voluntary contributions provider".
8. - (1) In regulation 15 (payment by police authority) for the words "police authority", whenever they occur, there are substituted the words "responsible person".
(2) After paragraph (6) of that regulation there is inserted -