|Made||11th April 2003|
|Coming into operation||1st August 2003|
(2) In the case of a charge for admission, a notice of that charge shall be displayed on the bingo club premises at or near the principal entrance.
(3) In the case of any other charge in respect of gaming by way of bingo, a notice in the name of the bingo club concerned containing the particulars of the charges specified in paragraph (4) shall be displayed at the point (or, if more than one, the main point) where payment for the charge is to be made.
(4) The particulars to be contained in the notice are:
(5) The notices referred to in paragraphs (2) and (3) may be displayed in electronic form.
Display of additional information
3. - (1) In relation to gaming by way of bingo in respect of which a charge may be made by virtue of regulation 2(1), the following information shall be prominently displayed in the bingo club premises before each game of bingo has ended, or, where the stake hazarded by each player is in respect of a series of games, before that series has ended -
(2) The information referred to in paragraph (1) may be displayed in electronic form.
4. The following are hereby revoked -
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department for Social Development on
11th April 2003.
A Senior Officer of the Department for Social Development
These provisions replace the requirement in the 1987 Regulations that the aggregate bingo charges, during a charging period of at least two hours duration, should not exceed £10.
Regulation 2 also makes new provision, requiring the display of:
The notices may be in electronic form.
Regulation 3 specifies the information to be displayed before each game of bingo, or series of games, has ended. This information may be displayed in electronic form.
Regulation 4 revokes the Gaming (Bingo) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1987 and the Gaming (Bingo) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2001.