|Made||28th August 2001|
|Coming into operation||1st October 2001|
Amendment of regulation 20 of the principal Regulations
3. In regulation 20 of the principal Regulations (approval of payments) in paragraph (5) for "VIII and IX" substitute "VIII, IX and X".
Amendment of Schedule 2 to the principal Regulations
4. In Schedule 2 to the principal Regulations (terms of service for dentists) -
(3) Where the dentist, due to any cause beyond his control, is unable to complete any course of occasional treatment which he has commenced, he shall forthwith notify the Agency in writing of the extent of the occasional treatment he has provided and the reason he is unable to complete the remainder of the treatment.";
(2) In this paragraph -
and each successive period of three years thereafter;
(b) where a dentist's name remains included in the dental list but he does not provide dental services during any continuous period in excess of thirteen weeks, the period specified in head (a), to which is added any such continuous period during which he is not providing dental services.
Quality assurance system
31F. - (1) A dentist shall establish, and operate in accordance with this paragraph, a practice based quality assurance system which is applicable to all the persons specified in sub-paragraph (2).
(2) The specified persons are -
(3) A dentist shall ensure that in respect of his practice based quality assurance system, he has specified a person (who need not be connected with the dentist's practice) to be responsible for operating that system.
(4) A dentist shall ensure that in respect of his practice based quality assurance system, there is displayed in a prominent position in his practice premises, in a part to which patients have access, a written statement relating to his commitment to the matters referred to in sub-paragraph (5).
(5) In this paragraph and in paragraph 31G "a practice based quality assurance system" means one which comprises -
Quality assurance system return
31G. - (1) Subject to sub-paragraph (3), a dentist whose name is included in the dental list shall provide to the Board by 30th June each year a written return which states -
(2) Where a dentist practises in partnership with one or more other dentists whose names are included in the dental list, the information referred to in sub-paragraph (1) shall be provided in respect of the partnership as a whole instead of by each dentist individually.
(3) The return to be provided by 30th June 2002 shall relate to the period from 1st October 2001 to 31st March 2002.".
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety on
28th August 2001.
D. A. Baker
Senior Officer of the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Finance and Personnel on
28th August 2001.
Senior Officer of the Department of Finance and Personnel
 S.I. 1972/1265 (N.I. 14); relevant amending Instruments are Article 13 of S.I. 1978/1907 (N.I. 26); Articles 30, 34, 35 and Part I of Schedule 5 to, and Part I of Schedule 6 to, S.I. 1991/194 (N.I. 1); and S.I. 1997/1177 (N.I. 7)back