Claim No. CA 012/2021
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF APPEAL
BEFORE CHIEF JUSTICE ZAKI AZMI, H.E JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI AND JUSTICE ROBERT FRENCH
(1) NEST INVESTMENTS HOLDING LEBANON S.A.L.
(2) JORDANIAN EXPATRIATES INVESTMENT HOLDING COMPANY
(4) GHAZI KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(5) JAMAL KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(6) TRUST COMPASS INSURANCE S.A.L.
(7) TRUST INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY (CYPRUS) LIMITED
(8) HIS EXCELLENCY SHEIKH NASSER BIN ALI BIN SAUD AL THANI
(9) FADI GHAZI ABU NAHL
(10) HAMAD GHAZI ABU NAHL
(11) KAMEL GHAZI ABU NAHL
(1) DELOITTE & TOUCHE (M.E.)
(2) JOSEPH EL FADL
ORDER OF THE COURT OF APPEAL
UPON the Judgment of Justice Sir Richard Field dated 13 June 2021
AND UPON the Order of Justice Sir Richard Field dated 13 September 2021 granting permission to appeal the Court’s findings in respect of the limitation period
AND UPON the Order of Chief Justice Zaki Azmi dated 16 November 2021
AND UPON reviewing the Respondents’ Notice dated 17 January 2022 (the“Respondents’ Notice”)
AND UPON reviewing the Appellants skeleton argument dated 17 February 2022
AND UPON reviewing the Respondents skeleton argument dated 13 January 2022
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Appellants and Counsel for the Respondents at the hearing on 20 May 2022
AND UPON Rule 44.75(2) of the Rules of the DIFC Courts
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Respondents’ Notice is valid and will be heard at the appeal hearing.
2. The Appellants shall pay the Respondents costs of the hearing to be assessed by the Registrar on the standard basis, if not agreed.
Date of Issue: 26 May 2022