|Made||2nd March 2004|
|Coming into operation||30th June 2004|
(2) In this regulation "blue colourant" means the colourant referred to in regulation 4.
Prohibition on the placing on the market and use of "blue colourant"
4. A person shall not place on the market or use for colouring textile and leather articles, the "blue colourant" defined in the Schedule as a substance or constituent of preparations in concentrations higher than 0.1% by mass.
Offences and penalties
5. - (1) Any person who contravenes regulation 4, or causes or permits another person to contravene that regulation, shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) Any person guilty of an offence under paragraph (1) shall be liable:
(3) Where an offence under this regulation committed by a body corporate is proved to have been committed with the consent or connivance of, or to be attributable to any neglect on the part of, a director, manager, secretary or other similar officer of that body, or any person purporting to act in any such capacity, he is also guilty of the offence and liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
(4) Where the affairs of a body corporate are managed by its members, paragraph (3) shall apply in relation to the acts or defaults of a member in connection with his functions of management as if he were a director of the body corporate.
Powers of enforcing authority in relation to "blue colourant"
6. - (1) For the purposes of this regulation, "enforcing authority" means the Department of the Environment.
(2) Any person who appears suitable to the enforcing authority may be authorised in writing by that authority, for the purposes of determining whether regulation 4 is being, or has been, complied with, to exercise any of the powers specified in paragraph (3).
(3) The powers exercisable under paragraph (2) are the powers in paragraph (2)(a) to (l) of Article 72 of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 as modified by paragraph (4) and subject to paragraphs (4) to (13) of that Article as also modified by paragraph (4).
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (3), Article 72 shall apply as if -
(b) in paragraph (12) the definition of "authorised person" included a person authorised under paragraph (2) of this regulation.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on
2nd March 2004.
A senior officer of the Department of the Environment
|CAS number||Index number||EC number||Substances|
A mixture of:
disodium (6-(4-anisidino)-3-sulfonato-2-(3,5-dinitro-2-oxidophenylazo)-1-naphtholato) (1-(5-chloro-2-oxidophenylazo)-2-naphtholato)chromate(1-); and