|Made||18th July 2002|
|Coming into force||5th August 2002|
Prescribed minimum size for landing spider crabs
3. - (1) For the purposes of section 1(1) of the Act (which prohibits the landing of any sea fish of any description, being a fish of a smaller size than such size as may be prescribed in relation to sea fish of that description), there is hereby prescribed as the minimum size for male spider crabs a size of 130 millimetres.
(2) Landing from foreign fishing boats is exempted from the prohibition imposed by section 1(1) of the Act as read with paragraph (1) above.
Powers of British sea-fishery officers in relation to fishing boats
4. - (1) For the purpose of the enforcement of section 1(1) of the Act as read with this Order, a British sea-fishery officer may exercise the powers conferred by paragraphs (2) to (4) below in relation to any relevant British fishing boat and to any Scottish fishing boat in the territorial sea adjacent to Wales.
(2) The officer may go on board the boat, with or without persons assigned to assist in his or her duties, and for that purpose may require the boat to stop and do anything else which will facilitate the boarding of the boat.
(3) The officer may require the attendance of the master and other persons on board the boat and may make any examination and inquiry which appears to him or her to be necessary for the purpose mentioned in paragraph (1) above and, in particular -
but nothing in sub-paragraph (d) above shall permit any document required by law to be carried on board the boat to be seized and detained except while the boat is detained in a port.
(4) Where it appears to a British sea-fishery officer that a contravention of this Order has at any time taken place within British fishery limits he or she may -
and where such an officer detains or requires the detention of a boat he or she shall serve on the master notice in writing stating that the boat will be or is required to be detained until the notice is withdrawn by the service on the master of a further notice in writing signed by a British sea-fishery officer.
Signed on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales under section 66(1) of the Government of Wales Act 1998
The Deputy Presiding Officer of the National Assembly
18th July 2002