Greenfields Financial Management Ltd v The Financial Services Authority  UKFSM FSM024 (3 October 2005)
PERMISSION TO CARRY ON REGULATED ACTIVITIES – application at the request of an authorised person to vary a permission application refused – refusal referred to Tribunal - reference unopposed – reference determined without an oral hearing – Respondent directed to set aside its refusal and to process the application in the normal way - Financial Services and Markets Tribunals Rules 2001 Rules 14(3)(a) and 16 (2)
THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS TRIBUNAL
|GREENFIELDS FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LIMITED||Applicant|
|- and -|
|THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY||Respondent|
Tribunal: DR NUALA BRICE (Chairman)
Sitting in Chambers on 3 October 2005
© CROWN COPYRIGHT 2005
(1) advising on non-investment insurance contracts;
(2) arranging deals in non-investment insurance contracts; and
(3) making arrangements with a view to transactions in non-investment insurance contracts.
IT IS THEREFORE DIRECTED:
(1) that the matter be remitted to the Respondent;
(2) that the Respondent's refusal of the Applicant's application be set aside;
(3) that the Respondent should process the Applicant's application in the normal way; and.
(4) that this Decision be published.
DR A N BRICE CHAIRMAN