Sitting at the Royal Courts of Justice
Strand, London, WC2A 2LL
B e f o r e :
|Re P and Q (Children: Care Proceedings: Fact Finding)|
Ella Draper, the mother, did not appear and was not represented
June Venters QC for the father, Ricky Dearman
Justin Ageros for the children by their guardian
Hearing dates: 17 20 February, 3 6 and 10 12 March 2015
Crown Copyright ©
Mrs Justice Pauffley:
Introduction and executive summary
Evolution of the allegations
The mother's and Mr Christie's participation
The mother's case
The father's response
The mobile phone recordings
The 4 September recorded discussion between Abraham Christie and the children
Conclusions in relation to the film clips and audio recording
The ABE interviews of 5 and 11 September
Conclusions in relation to the 5 and 11 September interviews
The physical examinations and associated statements made by the children
Conclusions in relation to Dr Hodes' evidence
The 17 September retractions
Dr Sturge's assessment of the children
Demeanour on 17 September and during assessment by Dr Sturge
Overall conclusions in relation to Ms Draper's allegations
Final thoughts about the investigation
• Neither child has been sexually abused by any of the following Ricky Dearman, teachers at Christchurch Primary School Hampstead, the parents of students at that school, the priest at the adjacent church, teachers at any of the Hampstead or Highgate schools, members of the Metropolitan Police, social workers employed by the London Borough of Camden, officers of Cafcass or anyone else mentioned by Ms Draper or Mr Christie.
• The children's half brother, his father and stepmother Will and Sarah Draper are likewise exonerated of any illicit or abusive acts involving the children.
• There was no satanic or other cult at which babies were murdered and children were sexually abused.
• All of the material promulgated by Ms Draper now published on the internet is nothing other than utter nonsense.
• The children's false stories came about as the result of relentless emotional and psychological pressure as well as significant physical abuse. Torture is the most accurate way to describe what was done by Mr Christie in collaboration with Ms Draper.
• Both children were assaulted by Mr Christie by being hit with a metal spoon on multiple occasions over their head and legs, by being pushed into walls, punched, pinched and kicked. Water was poured over them as they knelt semi-clothed.
• The long term emotional and psychological harm of what was done to the children is incalculable. The impact of the internet campaign is likely to have the most devastating consequences for P and Q.